Sunday 16 September 2012

A 100 Million Dolor Question. Doe's GOD Exist?


We are all on a journey. This journey is to the heart of God. This journey is to be more like Jesus. It is to live our lives and follow God's direction. This journey is to the purpose and destiny God planned for us. But how does one travel on this journey? martin donohue Each one of us has the ability to use a certain form of transportation on this journey. It is the steps we take in our walk with God. We are all confronted with decisions and choices. We need guidance and wisdom to make the right steps.

Life is a walk. Each day we take steps. Our tomorrow is determined by the steps we take today. One thing I've found out in my own life is that when I am following God's word and obeying His voice, I step correctly. It is when I try to do things on my own or ignore God's word that I take the wrong steps and end up down a road I never wanted to be.

Did you know that the words, "Path, steps, ways, walk, and go" all can express our journey in this life?

Psalm 119:105 (KJV)
"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path."

I like how the Contemporary English Version stats it: "Your word is a lamp that gives light wherever I walk."

And the Message expresses it this way:"By your words I can see where I'm going; they throw a beam of light on my dark path."

We all need a "beam of light on our dark path." God is the light of the world! He is Light. 1 John 1:5 states: "This is the message which we have heard from Him and declare to you, that God is light and in Him is no darkness at all."martin donohue

Why not ask the God of light to show you where to take your next step? There have been many times in my life I didn't know what to do in some desperate situations. I would seek God and ask Him for direction. Sometimes He did not answer as quick as I would like. During the waiting time, I would love His word and walk in His ways. I did this because I love Him, not because I am obligated. There is pleasure in obedience. We worship God with our obedience. God honors our obedience and brings blessings to us.

In the Bible King David spoke about walking in His righteousness and how that pleased God;

2 Samuel 22:20 - 25, 33 & 34, 37 (TNIV)
"He brought me out into a spacious place; he rescued me because he delighted in me. The LORD has dealt with me according to my righteousness; according to the cleanness of my hands he has rewarded me. For I have kept the ways of the LORD; I am not guilty of turning from my God. All his laws are before me; I have not turned away from his decrees. I have been blameless before him and have kept myself from sin. The LORD has rewarded me according to my righteousness, according to my cleanness in his sight...It is God who arms me with strength and keeps my way secure. He makes my feet like the feet of a deer and causes me to stand on the heights...You provide a broad path for my feet, so that my ankles do not give way."

One might read the above passage and think David is full of pride and arrogance. We can have a critical eye and think David is full of self-righteousness. But these passages are not written from an arrogant heart. They are from a heart who knows he is walking in obedience to God's word. David realized that God rewards and helps those who follow His laws. David wrote what He saw God do in his own life.

I journal almost every day and write down my heart to God. Often times I look at David's writings as his journaling to God. He poured out his thoughts and emotions to His God and expressing praise of what God has done in his life! God does reward and direct the steps of the righteous!

Psalm 37:23 & 24 (KJV)
"The steps of a good man are ordered by the LORD: and he delighteth in his way."

God does order our steps as we follow and obey Him. We can be comforted to know that His rod and staff are there to correct and guide us (Psalm 23:4). Good News; our Good Shepherd is always with us guiding our every step. If we start to veer to the right or the left too much, the Good Shepherd comes with His staff of guidance, and His rod of correction, and gently nudges us back on the path we are to take.

Steps in our walk with God
The first step; Seek God's will.

If you don't know what to do about a decision you are facing right now, seek God and ask Him for direction. Stop trying to figure it out with your own understanding.martin donohue

Proverbs 3:5 & 6(NKJV)
"Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths."

We need God's wisdom! King Solomon gave great advise to his son and we need to heed and do the same.

Proverbs 4:10 - 12, 18, 26 - 27 (NKJV)
"Hear my son, and receive my sayings, and the years of your life will be many. I have taught you in the way of wisdom; I have led you in right paths. When you walk, your steps will not be hindered, and when you run, you will not stumble... But the path of the just is like the shining sun, that shines ever brighter unto the perfect day. Ponder the path of your feet, and let all your ways be established. Do not turn to the right or the left; Remove your foot from evil."

Remember that the choices we make today will mold our tomorrow. Ask God to help you make good choices. We need to give up our control and allow God to have control of our lives. He knows what we need. He knows what steps we need to take and why.

Second step; Look for His direction.

He will show you where to walk if you would just look for His direction. Sometimes God directs us through His word. Other times He directs us through hearing Him speak in our hearts. God uses people, places, and even things to direct us.

God can place a thought in your heart and then confirm it by His word or by other ways. God will always confirm what He has been speaking to you. A friend might say something that triggers and pricks your heart to what God has said to you earlier. You might be driving down the road and you notice something and it brings to mind what God has spoken in your heart earlier. There are never coincidences in a Christian's life. Those so called, "coincidences" are really God speaking to you and giving you direction. Don't overlook God's confirmations and His flashes of light to bring vision to your path. You asked God for direction, receive it as an answer.

Third step; Obey what God tells you to do.

We can find ourselves in the wrong place at the wrong time simply because we didn't do what God was telling us to do, or we neglected to ask Him what we were supposed to be doing before we made decisions. Or perhaps we asked Him, but we failed to wait for an answer before we went ahead and did what we wanted to do. So much grief can be avoided by living an obedient life.

We serve a God who will pick us up if we fall or stumble. God knows we have trouble hearing Him sometimes. He is patient with us. Remember; the closer you get to God, the easier it is to hear His voice! I encourage you to snuggle right up into His lap and rest there knowing He receives you and wants to be close to you too. When you are in God's lap, and leaning on His chest, you truly hear His heartbeat and know His voice. It is a safe place to be.

If we make a mistake and fail, God will not condemn us. That is the work of the enemy. When we make a mistake, and come to the Father for mercy, He will give mercy. What ever you need from God today; be it direction, love, acceptance, wisdom, financial, emotional, or whatever you need, God will always receive us and listen to our cry for help.

Fourth step; Never be in a hurry.

Don't be in a hurry to make something happen in your life. That will only lead to a mistake. Steps take time. A baby never learns how to run first, they learn how to walk. Their steps are clumsy and unstable. That is the same way we are too. Don't be ashamed of your "baby steps" you are taking right now. They will eventually lead to bigger steps and take you places you've never been before.

If I am pressured to make a decision, I see it as a "red-flag." I've learned to wait and not make a decision under pressure. When in doubt... wait! It doesn't hurt to wait a few hours, a day, or even longer. God is not a God to pressure you into a decision. That is the character of our advisory, the devil. When God directs us, He will allow you time to make a choice. Remember He is gentle and loving. He never pressures you to quickly make a choice.

God will direct our steps and show us what path we are to walk as you give Him control and desire what He desires. If you are confused as to what to do in a decision you have to make, now is the time to seek what God wants. Lay down your desires and listen and wait for God to direct you into what path your feet are to walk.

How do we know we are walking in God's path for our life?

Deuteronomy 8:6 (HCSB)
"So keep the commands of the LORD your God by walking in His ways and fearing Him."

Obey the Lord and His instructions of His word. This is walking in His ways. Do it with a loving heart to please your Lord. God will always bless an obedient heart.

Fifth step; Take a step!

We can go from one end of the pendulum swing to the other. At one end we are in a hurry and step too quickly into something, or on the other end, we never take a step at all. Sometimes fear grips our hearts and it frightens us to do anything. We are afraid of making the wrong choice. We are afraid of failing. But if God has shown you something to do, step out in faith and take a step, even if you are afraid. Joyce Meyers has a saying, "Do it afraid!"

God will meet you in your act of faith and soon your fear will turn into strength to endure the unknown. It will feel awkward to step out in something you've never done before or walk where you've never walked before. I am sure Peter, when He stepped out of the boat onto the water, felt awkward. His flesh felt uncomfortable because he never stepped onto water before. But Peter pushed past his fear, and pushed past what his flesh felt like. He took the first step and began to walk on water. Your flesh will scream at you to STOP! Flesh wants comfort. Flesh wants its own way. But when we die to our flesh and press onto what God has for us, we step into a repositioning of God. Joseph was thrown into a pit. It was not at all the dream he had of his brothers bowing down to him. But what looked like a demotion, God was making it his first step in his promotion. Remember baby steps lead to bigger steps. It was a process Joseph had to go through to see the dreams from God come to completion. In the meantime, he lived an upright life and loved the Lord in all he did. God does not look away from that. As a matter of fact it draws God to us. Joseph's steps were ordered of the Lord because he was a good man who followed His God.

Below is a portion of my journaling I wrote to God August 29th. I think it sums up this entire article...

"The steps of a righteous man are ordered of the Lord. I am righteous because of what Your Son did on the cross for me. I am Your righteousness. I strive daily to follow Your will and continually ask You to show me what you want me to do in every area of my life. Therefore, I know my steps are ordered by You and You show me the right path for my life. I desire to increase and not decrease. I desire your way, your path, your steps for my life because you created me and You know exactly what I was created for. I might have an idea, but truly You know all and I lean on and trust the One who knows all.

"I take one step at a time and I know you are there at every step. If I stumble, You are there to pick me up. I don't have to be perfect to walk the path you laid out for me. I just trust You for each step knowing You light every step I am about to take so I can follow Your leading. I love You Lord for who You are in my life."

If you find yourself in sin, or in the middle of some bad choices/steps, God is there waiting to help you. God will show you where to step if you ask Him. But He is waiting for you to repent and turn from your sin. You tie up God's hands to help until you repent and turn to God for His direction. He can pick you up from the wrong path, and place you back on the right path, as you give Him back control of your life.

Take one step at a time as the Lord leads and directs you. Don't get frustrated when you don't see the entire path in front of you. We are in a "faith-walk." Each step is a step of faith! But always know that God is always there to make sure we stay on the right path.



No comments:

Post a Comment